Saturday, June 27, 2009
Protect you skin. Before you apply any makeup, slather on a generous coat of sunscreen. Give it at least 20 minutes to soak in-it needs to dry for full effectiveness and so that anything you put on top won’t smear.
Forget flawless. In humid weather, anything that is creamy or greasy-like foundation or concealer is going to smudge almost instantly. If you absolutely can’t imagine going without coverage, try mixing a bit of foundation into your sunscreen and apply it that way. Also, use a translucent powder to combat shine. If you need to cover a blemish, use a stiff concealer brush or a Q-tip to dab a little pressed powder onto the area.
Until next time…Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you think? Have a wonderful day!
Friday, June 19, 2009
- After applying your foundation highlight your brow bone with the lightest shade and use the medium shade as a wash on your eyelid. Use the darker shadow to contour your eye or apply it in the crease of your eyelid.
- Apply brown or dark brown eyeliner. For a natural look, you want to use brown eyeliner as opposed to black eyeliner.
Apply a light or nude-colored blush. If you have dark skin, you are going to want to choose a deeper colored blush and if you have light skin, you need a lighter colored blush. Apply the blush to the apples of your cheeks.
- Apply a nude-colored lip gloss. Choose a nude-colored gloss that compliments your skin tone.
Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you think. Thanks for stopping by.
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Avon Big Color Pencil Celadon
Avon Glimmerstick Eye Liner Emerald
Flori Roberts Face Forward Palette:
Green, Gold & Brown Eye Shades
Flori Roberts Medium Bronzing Powder
Flori Roberts Brownie Lip Gloss
False Lashes & Black Liquid Eye Liner
- Apply Celadon eye pencil to top lid
- Apply Emerald eye liner over Celadon
- Apply Gold eye shadow inner corner 1/3 the way
- Apply Dark Green shadow in the crease, starting from outer corner to inner corner
- Apply Brown shadow in crease 1/3 the way. Starting from the outer corner.
- Apply Gold shadow to bottom lid starting from the inner corner, 1/3 the way.
- Apply Emerald eyeliner to bottom lid starting from the corner to were the gold shadow ends.
- Apply black liquid eye liner to top lid, create a wing at the end
- Apply black mascara to top & bottom lids
- Apply bronzing powder all over face, then apply brownie lip gloss
Now, you are ready to go...
For additional applications watch my video Going Green Makeup Tutorial
Tip: For the nighttime, curling your eyelashes and applying mascara will make your eyes stand out. Also, use darker, bolder colors...
Feel free to leave a comment. Until next time...Have a wonderful day!
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
What's the cheapest and expensive thing in your makeup bag?
The cheapest product in my makeup bag is lash glue and the most expensive product is foundation.
What's a beauty item you cannot live without?
I can't live without Foundation, False Lashes and Flori Roberts Shea Butter.
Your make up always looks flawless -- How do you achieve that look?
I moisturize my face daily and exfoliate twice a week...
Do you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
No Way! As a makeup artist I am my own walking advertisement.
I like looking pretty for my mate when we retire so how can I keep my skin
fresh and glowing without much effort?
Drink plenty water and moisturize your face at least twice a day. As for the body try Flori Roberts amazing Shea Butter.
Feel free to leave a comment and post your own beauty answers. Until next time...Have a wonderful day!