Get Excited! Get Excited!! The holiday season is here..What can a woman do to punch up her look without taking it all off and starting over for an afterwork holiday event?
Transitioning from work to evening is actually pretty easy if you prep yourself. Apply tinted moisturizer (or foundation), mascara and gloss or lipstick before work. After work, cover any blemishes by patting in a concealer (never rub).
Then follow these steps for either the smokey eye look or the deep red look:
For the Smokey Eye
1. Apply your eye makeup: Eyeliner on both top and bottom lashes (be sure to 'smudge it,' dark eyeliner will age you), a eye shadow primer, and a shimmery shadow on the lid. Don't apply any more mascara unless your earlier application has rubbed completely off, otherwise you risk getting clumpy lashes.
2. Dab a shimmery blush to cheeks.
3. Powder your face lightly.
4. Apply a light lipstick or gloss.
For Deep Red Lips
1. Cover unsightly veins on eyelids with a matte eyeshadow in a color that's as close as your skin tone as possible.
2. Apply a very light shimmery blush on cheeks.
3. Line lips and fill in with your favorite red color.
4. Powder face.
Which look will you wear to your holiday event?
Deep Red Lips